Thursday 3 October 2013

To Post or Not to Post?

I have been told several times, how useful it is for teaching to do a reflective journal.  As I am a trainee teacher, I felt it would be a good habit to start now, so here I am.  Although I agree that this indeed has its benefits, I have to be honest I am not fully convinced about posting it online, but I am willing to try it.

Afterall isn't that what part of a teachers role is these days? (that being ) flexible, tech savy, open minded etc. The lectures we have discussed this topic in, have really got me thinking about what type of teacher I want to be.  I know I will definitely need vast knowledge and confidence in my ability, I want to keep up to date with my knowledge (I enjoy learning).  I want to be firm but fair, and respected (in a mutual way) and liked by both children, colleagues and my superiors.  I would like to be and feel organised (I am an organised person anyway).  I would love my lessons to be inspiring and interesting and most importantly effective. When thinking ahead to 10-15 years time I would love to be innovative in this field, I hope I am making change in some way.

Now I am probably being very idealistic, but I think aim high but prepare for the worst.  I feel as long as I have the coping strategies in place for stress and life and keep a balanced perspective on things I shall be ok.




No comments:

Post a Comment